Wednesday, September 30, 2009

When You're Bored & You Like Cars...

Sadly, I think I drive most of my coworkers mental with my constant car chatter and opinions. Really, I seem to drive a lot of people mental with my opinions… But I really am open minded, I swear. I just talk. A lot.

Setting up the story.

Well, we also get bored at work. Lots. It’s retail, so when there aren’t any people around… There isn’t much to do. This particular day, a coworker and I went outside to roll our windows up since there was a storm rolling in. I almost always park with my windows down at work, all the way down. Twice now, I’ve had them slightly cracked and went out to find a nice puddle of water on my seat… Thank the stars that I have a removable cushion!! It’s saved me from one very, very wet butt.

The discovery.

While we were walking back from rolling up the windows, I heard a crunch as an SUV was backing out. In its wake, it left a tiny crunched up, rolled over diecast car. Now, I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned it, but I have a small collection of diecast cars, mostly the Hot Wheels/Matchbox size and some that are bigger and some that are smaller. So when I saw it, it was only natural for me to feel sad and pick the poor car up. I was even more disappointed when I found out what it was.

A Lamborghini Countach LP 500. I happen to be a big fan of the Countach. A part of me was devastated.

Later on, I decided to have some fun with what was left of the car. I wanted to create a big accident scene, a la the wrecked exotics website. Sadly, I didn’t have everything available to make that possible, but I got a few shots of it anyhow out on the sidewalk.

The only thing I can say is that my camera is awesome!! We happen to sell it, so if anyone wants my personal recommendation, it’s for the tiny Canon Elph that I’ve got. It’s by far the best point & shoot that I’ve ever played with, and all the pictures I’ve taken with it so far have turned out fantastic.

Of course, this whole story would be pointless without the pictures, so here’s my little wrecked Countach’s photo shoot:

Poor little Lamborghini...

Maybe not the best, but I was amazed at the pictures my little camera takes!

I tried to make it look like some sort of crash scene, but not sure that worked too well...

Sadly, this poor car ended up in the garbage, but I didn't do that... Even wrecked Matchbox cars can be fun

No comments:

Post a Comment