Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pretty little house

Just another pretty little house I came across in Prague, as a planner I love looking at houses, the design, scale, mass, the materials used, the colors, everything down to the interior design. Some day hopefully I might be able to build my very own wee house, but for the moment Im here with my parents. In Ireland the majority of people own their own home and everyone in rural areas own their own home with large gardens. The houses in Ireland are getting bigger and bigger all the time. The recession may however put a stop to this. Some people build very large houses destroying our beautiful countryside, they act as a status symbol just like having very large SUVs in the city. Practically this does not make sense and unfortunately many people do not differentiate between needs and desires. They should try and find a happy medium. Anyway thats my rant for today. Let me know if you have any nice photos of houses you like ….

No comments:

Post a Comment