Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dancing till the end...

When you talk about the movie Dirty Dancing or Ghost, the actor that comes to mind is Patrick Swayze.  He was diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer in January 2008, which is one of the most deadliest cancers with one of the lowest survival rates.  He died on September 14, 2009.  Ever since his breakthrough performance in 1987 for Dirty Dancing he has been in a number of movies and TV shows.  His last role was on The Beast which was aired in January of this year.

I’m not really a huge fan of Patrick Swayze but it was kind of a shocker to find out about his death, especially since The Beast is currently on TV.  What struck me about him though, was that even with his illness he was still passionate about something that he enjoyed doing until the end.  I’m less than half his age but I’m hoping that I would still be as passionate about ministry as I am today, hopefully even more passionate and on fire.  I probably won’t be ministering to the youth when my hair turns white but I most definitely will still be passionate about the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment