Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Job Advertisement Eccentricities

Looking for a job can provide its own amusement. When you get past the fact that if you’re looking for a job it’s probably either because you don’t have one or you don’t enjoy the one you have, and that’s always a depressing though, there are some great advertisements out there that keep me chuckling throughout the day.

Recently, I read an article that required someone with “pizzazz” for a writing position, which immediately makes me think of a pizza with extra toppings. Actually, I suppose a pizza with extra toppings is never a bad thing when I give it some thought. I just wonder sometimes if these people are doing their best to stand out from the advertisements, just as I’m trying to stand out from the other applicants. This type of behaviour isn’t such a problem – more an amusement. If you’re sad like I am.

But applications that have the title “Temporary Data Clerk” and then specify the contract as being “Permanent” are the ones that really have me wondering why these people have jobs and I don’t. If you can’t differentiate the difference between the two time scales, then I deserve to have your job until you go back to school and get a proper education in the use of English.

Here’s to someone pointing out a punctual or grammatical error in my entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment