Tuesday, September 15, 2009

the merits of microwave rice.

had microwave rice for a snack tonight. It tasted pretty damn good. But my stomach revolted a little.

 

So i was wondering, what the hell do they put in these products? The rice in the packets seemed to be half-cooked, judging from the squishness of it. The packet seemed to be air tight.

So how do they ensure that the rice doesn’t expire? Not that rice can expire, but off rice tastes off. Off off. And does annoying things to one’s digestive system. I would name the illnesses but…..

Is it preservatives? The extraordinary powers of airtight packeting? The miracles of modern technology where sensitive mini-bots hid inside the packet and send waves of cool air to ensure the rice is at the right temperature? Or is it that I am so awesome that the food never goes off?

So, after putting my thoughts into this little box where I type things, i still don’t know. Unfortunately, I only use wikipedia to read the summaries of films, mangas and animes. So, the question I put to you, dear reader, is what do you think makes this microwave rice not go off?

 

And now more food for thought. How does the production line work? Do they have some giant pot where they cook the rice and flavour it? Or is it a belt where it is steamed and flavouring sprinkled? ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment