Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Just so you know, I could get pregnant

I hardly ever resign myself to going to the doctors when I’m sick because I don’t believe in popping pills and the clinic here has a reputation for killing harming more than healing.  Plus, with my heart problem it seems some doctors get all pissy when I lay out my guidelines.  I’ve had this raging sinus infection for too long so I gave in this morning and went.  We went through the usual steps.  What are your symptoms, what medication are you currently on? I listed my birth control as one.  The doc was annoying for a simple sinus infection…just write the damn prescription. He acted like I was the pain in the ass when I was going over what I can and can’t have with my heart.   He turns to me and says Now this prescription will decrease the effectiveness of your birth control so while you are on it you may need to use a back up contraception such as a condom or, if you can, just abstain from sex.  Preferrably you should do this till your next cylce. Do you understand all of that?

I have no idea why I found this so freakin hilarious.  I laughed…out loud.  The guy didn’t give a shit about my heart medication reacting with whatever he was prescribing ,but damn that birth control!  So I looked him dead in the eye and told him I think I’ll abstain since that is apparently what I have been doing without choice since March.  I then grabbed the prescription paper and left him behind with his jaw hanging open. 

Yes, since March ladies and gentleman.  March.  Yes, since HIM.  Good grief.  Clearly I’m highly concerned about getting pregnant at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment