Saturday, December 26, 2009

Top 3 Most Viewed Posts and Images of 2009

The beauty of having WordPress as a host is that they provide a great stat page to fill me in on everything that goes on with the site. With the year winding down, let’s take a look back at the top 3 most viewed posts of 2009. I personally would have thought that the most viewed and linked-to posts would be either event coverage from Nisei, or even Eibach 09. It’s not. And I kinda wish it was because the top two are all hate-crime and vandalism-related, which is really unfortunate. It sucks that we have to see these types of things occur but that’s just the reality of the world we live in. Whether it be cars or normal life, there’s always someone doing some dumb shit and trying to bring other’s down. If it were up to me, I would never have to post this stuff but hey, people need to be informed of these kinds of situations.

When I say, most viewed, I mean that these are by far the most viewed. Like other posts aren’t even close, probably because they were linked every on the net…

#1 Most Viewed (3800+ hits) – “Hate at it’s worst…A truly tragic event…”

For those of you who don’t remember this, long story short, a guy wakes up one morning to go to his S2000 and finds it’s completely vandalized inside and out. Anti-semitic stuff is carved all over the paint and cut into the seats, all hoses and lines in the engine bay were cut, and sugar in the gas tank…just to name a few. There were plenty more terrible things done to it but you can view the original link to see all the gruesome details.

I’m not 100% sure what happened afterwards but last time I checked, the guy ended up getting an MKIV Supra and was a happy camper again. Best of luck to that guy in the future….

#2 Most Viewed (3,400+ hits) - “Do you understand the consequences of your actions?…”

This one jumped up the charts quick…probably because it involved one of our own guys. I don’t really care to talk about the situation anymore and you guys can click on the original link if you want to see it, but this matter is still yet to be resolved and there’s a lot of stuff that I either can’t or would rather not discuss anymore.

Update on our side however, is that Ross’s xB is pretty much fucked. Keyed all over, side to side, front to back, hell even the top of the bumpers and lights were keyed up. Pretty much ruined the car for the guy. He’s been through so much with that car and it’s actually about to be paid off and it’s tainted now. Whenever I talk to him about it, he doesn’t even want to fix it anymore. It’s just collecting dust now and on steelies…what a fucking waste….

Shit like this shows that there is no justice in this world… Kids that have all their shit paid for and never work hard for anything can fuck up another man’s business and livelihood without a second thought. Sad isn’t it?…

I heard some people were rather unhappy with my opinion of the Scion community as a whole. Look, I have plenty of friends in the Scion community and they are the nicest people I will ever meet. Some of my closest friends own Scions. But the community as a whole, and the clubs that exist within that…..ehhh…Nothing to write home about. I can’t say that there are many people out there who think differently than me either. I personally think that it has to do with the foundation of the community. For example, in the Honda community…shit like this would never happen because it would never go unpunished. That and there’s actually a bit of arrogance about the Scion community. I guess it starts with them having corporate backing and a strong base within the aftermarket community. So much so that they don’t have to work for anything. It’s all given to them, there was no “grassroots Scion community” where major players paved the way for the future generations. With Hondas, there were people that made everything possible for the people today, so there’s a bit of mutual respect and history behind it all. You respect the people that came before you. In the Scion community, not so much. Many of these kids come into cars with funding from others (parents) and they have parts readily available to them that they never have to work to get. Along with that, you get the ones that don’t know anything about other makes and models or any knowledge of the import community outside of Scions, so they feel that they are superior to the rest.  It’s a very naive way to think about things and ultimately they look down on others because they simply just don’t know. I’ve been around Toyota guys, Honda guys, Nissan guys, and now the VIP crowd…none of them have that train of thought.

Again, I’m not saying that to target every single person that owns a Scion, because that simply wouldn’t be true. But if you guys wonder what people think and why sometimes you feel like the outcast of the community, maybe that might be why… Take it for what it is or call it bullshit. I’m ranting and raving, whatever…I’m just saying, Ross was a big part of the Scion community and I got to see first hand what things were like and how people act and take action against others…it’s fucking ugly out there man…You give people an inch and they take fuckin 10 miles and shit. I

Moving on…

#3 Most Viewed (3100+ hits) – “An indepth look at horrible ideas…Part 6…Fake wheels with authentic stickers…”

This of course, was towards the early part of the year when I was doing the “Indepth look at horrible ideas” series of posts. The whole fake wheels with authentic stickers stuff really caught on and it was posted on a bunch of different sites. It’s just one of my biggest pet peeves that I just can’t stand. I mean, if you have Rotas or have owned them before, it’s all good. Do your thing you know, but don’t try to rock the authentic stickers and try to play them off as being the real shit. That’s some fuckin poser shit. You pay for the cheap stuff rep what you bought. Don’t act like you have something that you don’t, you know? It ain’t hard. It’s like Katt Williams said…”A Chrysler 300 looks like a Phantom…until a Phantom pulls up…”

It definitely was one of my favorites of the year though. I was hoping the other post about stock wheel whoring would have caught on too but damn, tough crowd, I guess people love painting their stock wheels and giving them odd nicknames…haha…”Oh here’s my custom painted starfish 7s aka swirlybirds”…

Now, onto the 3 most clicked on images of the year. This is considered the most viewed because these were the most clicked on when I linked them on my site. It’s hard to say what image was truly the most viewed because it’s not logged from just being posted up. These three are the ones clicked on, and or linked on other websites that were clicked. The first two, though it may not be a surprise, was definitely a bit of a shock to me because they were just random photos taken one day. I didn’t really intend on them being viewed so many times but the internet is a strange place, which leads me to the third image. Why this image was clicked on so many times, is disturbing. I’m honestly worried for my viewing audience because this image was looked at so many times…

#1 Most Clicked/Viewed Image – HBKJon’s purple EG…

Definitely wouldn’t have been my pick if someone had asked me which image was clicked the most. I don’t even know why it is still. Maybe it has to do with Mikeyyyy’s happy ass mug in the picture or the Laker jersey and the Laker purple EG…There were so many other pics of this car that I took that was probably much better so I’m still kinda clueless about it…

It seems like only yesterday when we were promoting FAST Autoworks and helping those guys get their names out in the world. Things change though and we wish them the best of luck in the future. Sometimes business gets in the way of personal relationships….hey, that’s just the way it works…We just didn’t eye to eye on business relationships and friendships. We learned a lot this year when it comes to shit like that. We all live in a world of reciprocal relationships. Enough said.

“2010 you’re on your own, sorry.” as spoken by a certain individual with for “y’s” in his name…

#2 Most Clicked/Viewed Image – HBKJon’s purple EG (Again)…

Now this one I saw coming. I actually thought this would have been the top viewed because whenever I glanced at the stats, this image always popped up. It was even linked to some forums like in Sweden and whatever…crazy. Maybe it has to do with The Fast and The Furious backdrop, I don’t know. I do like this pic however…even though if I knew what I know now, I probably would have shot it differently and it would have came out much better…

Look for this car in an upcoming issue of Import Tuner as well. I think it was slated for an early 2010 release in IT. When I took this, we were actually all standing around waiting for Luke Munnell to shoot it. It was taken out of sheer boredom cuz of the wait, haha…Guess it worked out.

#3 Most Clicked/Viewed Image – Uhh…if you were thinking it was one of the Auntie Love pics…you were correct…

Why people? WHY?! Seriously…haha. It was posted as a joke and I even warned people to click at their own risk. I guess they were so interested in auntie coochie that they actually went and looked at the rest of the images. I’m not even gonna post it up here because it’s pretty nasty. Here’s the link to the random post I did one day about it. I’ve posted some pretty awful stuff from time to time but man, I still get a bit of the chills everytime I see this auntie make her sexy face…Really guys, I know they say all pussy looks the same, but really?….Gross. It was so bad that I wouldn’t even host the image myself. I put it up on imageshack and it’s still up! Haha…WTF….

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday. I’ve been quite busy with real life stuff myself but I’m definitely gonna be jumping back on here and putting more things up for you guys to read. Peace out for now. Please stop clicking on the auntie love photos…it’s for your own good.

[Via http://stickydiljoe.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment