Saturday, December 5, 2009

Materialist Humanity

Arthur Rubinstein:

Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back.

 

I got the Samsung Solstice, a touch screen phone, on Wednesday. I love it and always have it with me. I used to have a hot pink Motorola Razr that did nothing so I’m thrilled to have an updated cell phone.

I can’t help but wonder if humanity has become materialistic, what with all this new technology? I won’t lie, I get caught up in it, too, wanting everything that comes out. But the quote ‘the best things in life are free’ doesn’t exactly apply to many people anymore.

 

Onto another topic, my sister’s birthday is this Monday, and I’m broke so I can’t exactly get her anything. I  doubt she expected her middle-school sister to have any money. What I usually do is make her a nice card, and the next day it gets stuffed in a box to never be seen again. I’ve done the same thing ever since I learned how to write, and more than a decade’s worth of birthday cards takes up the space the box that the trash sits on top of in our bedroom. Coincidence? I think not.

Ever since my sister discovered My Life is Average, I started liking it, too. Whenever I finish up my work in my  Broadcast Journalism class, I read MLIA for the rest of the period. I must say, I wish I had such an interesting life.

-Sara

[Via http://hiddenbeneathsara.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment